Boer War, WW1 & WW2 Named Medal Group Yorkshire Hussars
Regular priceSale price
A fine and quite scarce set of medals to Richard Lewis Webb including:
1) Yorkshire Hussars Imperial Yoemanry 1901 1902 South Africa Medal inscribed 35812 Pte R.L. Webb109th Coy Imp: Yeo:
2) South Africa Medal with 5 bars, inscribed as the Yorkshire Medal.
3) 1914-19 WW1 Medal inscribed 7168 CPL R.L. Webb R.F.C.
4) 1914-15 Star inscribed 7168 1. A.M. R.L. Webb R.F.C.
5) 1914-18 Medal inscribed 7168 CPL R.L. Webb R.F.C.
6) 1939-45 Defence Medal, not inscribed
7) 1939-45 Medal, not inscribed.
From the little research I've done, Richard Lewis Webb was born in Middlesex in 1882, his occupation listed as Electrician, a somewhat hazardous job at the time one would assume!
He served in the 109th during the 2nd Boer War, then enlisted in the Royal Flying Corps during WW1. He was an aircraft mechanic I believe who rose through the ranks of mechanics from 2nd class to 1st class, then chief mechanic.
The medals are in as found condition, the ribbon of the SA Medal is very tattered and not connected to the medal and bars. The medals themselves are in good original condition however some of the ribbons are quite worn. Please judge by the photos, they are a good indication of condition.
We are SJs City Cash, Pawnbroker and Second Hand Shop in Launceston, Tasmania. All of our items are either purchased through the store or are unredeemed loans.